Thursday, March 5, 2009

interesting prospect

justin, my friend/fellow journalism buddy from elon, got in touch with me today to feel out my interest in a possible job opening at the daily paper he works for in stillwater, oklahoma. apparently the sports editor is leaving in a couple of weeks and justin is going to put his name in for the position. if he gets it, he wanted to know if i'd be interested in working under him as a sports reported for oklahoma state and six high schools.

it's pretty cool that he thought of me. at least the thought is appreciated. it's a daily, which would be a change of pace and it'd be nice to get back into sports. i told him i'd think on it.

i'm leaning toward sticking it out here for a while, though. for all my complaints, i'm really enjoying myself. my reasons to stay:
a) three/four months seems a bit too soon to look for something else.
b) i don't want to bail on darren and cassie. they've had many fleeting reporters, which makes it difficult for them to get the paper to where they want it to be. i want to help 'em.
c) i'm excited for golf season and getting a membership and playing in the mens' league. i've got a partner lined up and everything.
d) dave from the bowling alley told me he'd take me along for tornado tracking this summer. oklahoma would be better tornado country, but i've got the helen hunt to my bill paxton here.

still, it's kind of cool to know that if i wanted it, there could be something else for me. we'll see. but i like it here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment